Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I'm looking for a blank ( no features) male human figure to insert next to a few design ideas to represent the scale.

If you've used sketchup, something like the default figure shown there, only no colour/features.

Thank You !

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
In the past, I've taken image library figures upon white backgrounds, and turned them into grey or black silhouettes. Too much detail within the figure can be a distraction. Even tracing or working on an image you find in Google images would do the trick.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Google image search… then select Line Drawing under Type.
Get it into Photoshop or Illustrator and customise.

Simple and effective.

And the practice will do you good. ;)

studio¹³¹

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
do an advanced search and specify vector graphics -- name the pose or position of figure, occupation, action, etc. you want and youll find some excellent results...

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
do an advanced search and specify vector graphics -- name the pose or position of figure, occupation, action, etc. you want and youll find some excellent results...

That's better :)

You can only buy if your in the US though ?

EDIT: Fotolia has the same vectors, I'll but from there asI have credits.

studio¹³¹

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2009
im pretty sure you can buy from wherever -- its a digital download. also, similar stock sites usually have the same files for download...

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Nathan, just use the sketchup 3D warehouse, you can get 3d or 2d figures black or detailed and all to scale. open up the components window then click the little arrow next to the house icon then people then find your guy! :p

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Nathan, just use the sketchup 3D warehouse, you can get 3d or 2d figures black or detailed and all to scale. open up the components window then click the little arrow next to the house icon then people then find your guy! :p

Good idea ! I wasn't too keen on the one in Sketchup ( default ). I suppose I could just google human figure and paint it black :p

I saw a few of these earlier actually... better than paying for them

Thanks all :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.