Where can I find a keyboard and mouse for a Mac SE?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Steven1621, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

A friend was getting rid of an old Mac SE, and I was able to grab it before it reached the trash. Now I need to get a keyboard and mouse for it. Anyone have an idea as to where I can buy them?

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

3. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

If your looking for OE then eBay may be your best bet. If you just want an ADB keyboard and mouse try welovemacs.com

4. awmazz macrumors 65816

That'll work, but it would be a better match to have the smaller original 1980s SE keyboard and square-type mouse.

The similar Apple IIgs keyboard is also of the same era and matches the SE's design (it's what I use on my SE/30).

I believe you can still buy the mice brand new still in the plastic (from old warehouse stock) on ebay. The SE keyboards are available too, but much harder to find in very good condition though. I bought a couple that looked good in the ebay photos but were heavily discoloured or stained or damaged in reality.

5. BlakeOBrien1 macrumors newbie

Do you live in or near Sunnyvale, CA, you can stop by a place called Weirdstuff Warehouse. I bought a bunch of keyboards and mice for my SE there.

6. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

The other thing with the original SE keyboards (and other ADB keyboards) is that one port may fail. Fortunately, the SE has two ADB ports on the back, so you could run one to the mouse and one to the keyboard. Also, 4-pin S-Video cables are identical to ADB cables.