Where can I find a new last-generation white Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aplqna, Jan 14, 2011.

1. aplqna, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

aplqna macrumors 6502

Hi, as the title states, does anyone know where to find a brand new, in box, white Macbook of the last generation (not the unibody)?

I know some people will ask why I would want the "old" one- don't worry about that, I would just like to know if anyone has come across any of them. Already checked Ebay and Amazon- no such luck. Don't want Craigslist - just want to know if anyone online has them. Any help would be appreciated!

Again, NOT the unibody - the previous generation - this type: http://regmedia.co.uk/2009/02/12/macbook_1.jpg

2. DCMDan macrumors newbie

The 2.26Mhz one? There was one in the "refurbished Mac" section of the Apple site yesterday for $759. It is gone today, of course. That should be as close as you can get to new in box with warranty.

3. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

If you are in the UK squaregroup are a good place to start. They have some still in stock, also last gen iMacs. Outside of the UK I dont know where you can look...

4. aplqna thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I said "not the unibody". This type: http://regmedia.co.uk/2009/02/12/macbook_1.jpg

5. aplqna thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but nope, not in the UK- I am in the US

6. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

OP, you and I are in the same boat. I am looking for that same style previous gen macbook. I've just resolved myself to looking for a good conditioned one on eBay, though.

7. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

Can I ask why you both just dont go for the new MacBook?

Personally I love my mid 2009 MB. Ive just had the palmrest/keyboard replaced because it was cracking and now its like new again.

8. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

I suspect they want the old one for either the FireWire 400 port (which is the exact reason I bought my very-last-of-the-Early-2008 (so not the one their looking for, but the generation prior) the day before the unibody announcement). I doubt youll find one of those new in the box, as they were discontinued 1 - a.5 years ago in that style AFAIK. (According to Wikipedia, Discontinued in October 2009)

9. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

I have 3 reasons: Firewire, easily replaceable battery & I can not stand that rubberized bottom on the current MacBooks.:eek:

10. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

Pretty much why I love my 2009 MB :)

11. aplqna thread starter macrumors 6502

Can't ask me. I politely said please don't address this in the first post. Thank you.

12. aplqna thread starter macrumors 6502