Where can I find a professional css menu system?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by pelsar, Dec 21, 2010.

1. pelsar macrumors regular

I'm leaving my flash menu system, since iphone doesn't support flash.....

what i'm looking for is a css/java combo that all i have on the html page is a div that contains basically a "link" to the css file that contains all of the info, so that changes on the whole websites menu is done by opening up a single file (the css).

furthermore, the length of the submenus has to match the length of the text of the individual submenu items, for each section.....i dont want that every submenu of all of the menus has the same exact horizontal length (very unprofessional).

and all parameters, including translucency/colors have to be flexible.

anybody come across such an "animal"

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. pelsar thread starter macrumors regular

wow..i'll get back to you next week....after i check them all out...or maybe in two weeks

4. Kildeer macrumors member

Ideally your site should ony have a single CSS file or at the very least only a few. You link to them in the <head> and the styles get applied to your HTML.

Sounds like the type of menu you want is one with HTML/Javascript (don't mix CSS and HTML). CSS doesn't control any content at all, your PHP backend should do this, hence you should look into PHP includes. Sounds like this is what you need. :)