Where can I find a replacement HD for 13" MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Secundinius, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Secundinius macrumors newbie

I am interested in getting a replacement HD and loading all my stuff into it incase of failure of current (or possible replacement coming tomorrow). Where can I find a replacement and what am I looking for specifically?

Thanks in advance.

-Sec

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

www.newegg.com

2.5" internal SATA drive, 9.5mm high. If you want a backup, either get that drive+and external USB/FW enclosure or an external USB/FW drive like the FreeAgentGo or a Western Digital equivalent.

3. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

If you have a local Fry's that sometimes have some good deals.

4. durhamj macrumors member

5. Secundinius thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I have an external HD, 250 gig, that I *will* be using to backup the system. Gotta wait a few days to have my HD replaced at the apple store.

I think it's a bit of BS that they charge $85 for "labor" when the extent of the labor is 5 minutes of work to R&R the HD then 2 minutes to hook up the other drive and load the OS back in while they walk away and help the next customer. But I digress. Far better service then I would see elsewhere.

Definitely want to make a second drive in case this happens again, save me $230 and days of waiting. lol!

6. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAGATE-7200-3-...DrivesQ5fStorageQ5fInternalQQsalenotsupported

Fast(post office, no UPS), fast(7200 RPM), cheap, good brand(no toshiba junk), and large size.

You can't lose there.

If it is just putting a new drive into the regular white/black macbook, that is a bit costly. However, if you expect them to reload the OS, then it isn't. It's more time efficient to load the OS onto the drive beforehand, but it's still extra.