Where can I find an Apple pencil ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rojct20, Dec 2, 2015.

1. rojct20, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

rojct20 macrumors member

Where can i find an apple pencil?

Found one Thursday at the Apple Store. Ordered it through the Apple app.
    They only received 4, so it was worth the 130 mile drive each way. They seemed
    To think mid January for better supply.

2. dangerfish macrumors 6502

Depends on WHEN you want to find an Apple Pencil. Probably not going to find one anywhere anytime soon unless you order online and wait.

3. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502

satinsilverem2

Leo Laporte found a bunch at the Petaluma store a couple of days ago. That being said some of the smaller store locations are probably going to have them more than likely vs a heavy traffic location.

4. mpetrides macrumors member

Not sure that's true, satinsilverem2. While I was waiting for my shipment from Apple Store Online, I periodically checked w the Apple Store at the Mall of NH and they hadn't ever gotten any in. That was a week ago, but my point is that the smaller stores seemed to be getting the short end of the supply stick.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

At the moment apple and amazon have them listed but you are looking at months of waiting, thats your answer I'm afraid, get lucky and find one in a store or order and wait. I would order and then cancel if I find one in the meantime.

6. David58117 macrumors 65816

I got one within my first day of searching..

On my day off - I called the Apple Store when they opened - they had none in stock (call the Apple Store number and tell the voice system you want to speak to a manager at the store, and it transfers you automatically).

Then you ask when they get their shipments (noon here).

Call then.

When I did - they just received the box and had a few in there. I rushed down and got one before they even put them out.

Everyone acts like its a random mystery, but it's a business. They get shipments at particular times..all you have to do is ask them and time it..

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its hit or miss, some apple stores have them, many do not. I'd call them on occasion, or just wait, Im sure after the holidays the pencil will be in more available.