Where can I find Free Human Voice Samples?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by bmcgonag, Jun 28, 2007.

1. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I'm looking for some snippets of human voices...samples if you will, in .wav, .mp3 doesn't matter.

I would like some cool ones though. I'm not looking for a baby crying, or a woman screaming...I want these to incorporate into songs. Maybe some generically sung pieces of female and male voices, hip-hop style, a simple 4 count, some nifty phrases etc.

Anyone know where to find this stuff with open (free) license?

Thanks,

Brian

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

why can't you record what you need, and then get a woman to do the same? it's the only instrument you don't have to go out and buy.

3. bmcgonag thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

If I could sing, wouldn't play all of the instruments I do...and my voice is not recording quality even not singing.

I know that samples must exist somewhere.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yeah, i'm not much of a singer either.

your request strikes me as an odd one, because if you're looking for random sung phrases, don't you have to be pretty lucky to find something in tune and tempo for what you're working on? to say nothing of stylistic matching.

but if you're looking for throwaway phrases like "dig it", "yeahhhhh", or "couch potato" (i'm just making stuff up), aren't those the kinds of phrases even a non-singer could perform?

i'm just wondering if what you're looking for even exists, for these reasons.

5. bmcgonag thread starter macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

I hear things like this sampled all the time, just most of the people want cash to have them. Why, the singers, while more talented than me, aren't that good.

It's no big issue, I just wanted to mess around. I'm sure I can find some old stuff from one of my old synths, I just don't want to dig it out of the closet, and thought there might be some new ones out there by now.

thanks anyway,

Brian

6. ldneil macrumors newbie

have u looked at maybe the coverdisc of a music tech magazine? I've got loads in the past from e.g. sound on sound and computer music mags

7. nbusse macrumors member

nbusse

I don't know what program you use, but soundtrack, and I assume garageband both have pretty big libraries of random human vocal stuff... it is in the "dig it" "couch potato" sort of category, not creative stuff, but free. (even if you don't have the programs, you can pirate some of the audio files off someone that does)

8. shona macrumors newbie

music samples

Hi Brian
    not sure if my reply came through.
    Are you still looking for voice samples?
    Regards
    Shona

9. shona macrumors newbie

singing samples

Don't think my reply came through. I am a singer but don't get out in public much as I'm a bit shy however my favourite singers I listen to are Eva Cassidy, Erykah Badu, MJ Blige, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday, Artetha Franklin and Chaka Khan. I really love jazz and soul. I also like the Irish sound like what Lisa Hannigan does with Damien Rice.
    Anyway contact me perhaps I could do some samples for you I just need to know what you are after and who to record the stuff.
    Regards
    Shona