Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

szsiddiq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Im working on a mod, and want to kno some more info about the powerbook trackpad (or track pads in general). how it works, its physical peices, etc.
If anyone knows any good sites, lemme kno.
Thanks!

szsiddiq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I learnt some of the basics in the Wikipedia article on trackpads/touchpads. Are you wanting something more in-depth? :)

lol, read it! did learn a lot, but it didnt answer one question that i think ill just have to learn by getting a spare topcase and testing it.
I want to kno how much u can cut away, or drill into a touchpad before it stops working. i have a feeling tho, that its a whole string of circuits, so that would kill it

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Yeah, at a guess, not at all. I haven't tried but these things are quite fragile once the case is off. :eek:

What exactly were you wanting to do with your trackpad? :D

szsiddiq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Yeah, at a guess, not at all. I haven't tried but these things are quite fragile once the case is off. :eek:

What exactly were you wanting to do with your trackpad? :D

cant say much. i use SideTrack to enable corner tap buttons, and in the mod im working on, i want to isolate those buttons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.