Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
I'm attempting to tag all my movies, TV shows, etc with correct info and synopses. I've been looking on Amazon and IMDB but the synopses on both these sites are not the same as what you get on the back of the DVD covers. They are infact user submitted and usually waffle on about crap while giving away the ending.

Is there a place where I can get pretty much what is on the back of the DVD covers so I can just copy and paste the stuff into iTunes?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I just Google the film name and find something in that list.

A lot of TV Shows have their own websites that have episode guides (South Park Studios for example).

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Why don't you just use MetaX?

MetaX uses Amazon and IMDB if I'm not mistaken and I find the synopses from both sources not to my liking.

I'm after the little blurb on the back of the boxes not the entire plot and how the story ends like you get from IMDB or Amazon.

Also after trying to use Metax it doesnt work on my PMG5. It refuses to open! Is it a universal binary? It doesnt mention whether its UB or just Intel.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Agreed.

You get the good, the bad, and the ugly, all there.

Just wade your way through it, and draw your own conclusion.

Then join and add your own review. That's how it works best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.