Where can I find the stock retina iPad wallpapers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tr43z0r, Apr 2, 2012.

1. tr43z0r macrumors regular

I'd like to use the mid-grey slate wallpaper, but slightly modified with my contact details, so I need the plain, full resolution wallpaper.

I can't find any way to get the wallpaper displayed on the iPad without any kind of status bars etc., so doing a screenshot is not an option. (Unless there is in fact a way to display the wallpaper on its own?)

I've looked on numerous sites for the stock wallpapers, and have found full resolution versions of some of them, but not the one I want.

I won't be jailbreaking, but if there's a way to exact wallpapers without doing so, that'd be great. Or if anyone with a jailbroken iPad is able to extract the wallpaper I want I'd be very grateful!

I'd appreciate any kind of help, thanks!

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

the only way i can think of is somehow extracting them from a software update file - no idea how though.

3. tr43z0r thread starter macrumors regular

Anybody know how I could do this?

4. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

This is pure speculation on my part, but it seems reasonable that you could use iPhone Explorer, as documented here, and then navigate into the right directory to pull out the image.

5. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

Would that allow me to put new walpaper in the folder?

6. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

I meant that you might be able to retrieve the stock wallpaper this way. Then doctor it up as you see fit and bring it into the iPad through normal channels (iPhoto, etc.). Then you can select it as your new wallpaper as you would any other photo. That's the theory, anyway.