iPad Where can I find the thinnest iPad Air 2 case? (0.3mm like Shumuri?)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by benna, Dec 10, 2014.

1. benna macrumors regular

Hi guys

Love the ultras thin cases for the iPhone 6. Like Shumuri. http://shumuri.com

I would like to enjoy the thinner profile of the iPad Air 2 and don't want to hide it in a bulky leather case.

Does anyone have experiences with these ultra thin cases. Smart Cover compatibility would be a plus!

2. tirexstorm macrumors regular

I am currently looking for a light and thin case as well. Currently using the smart cover, which is as light as can be, but I would love to have something that protects the back.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

The closest you're going to come to that is the KayCase or BoxWave clear or frost back shells. BoxWave makes ones which are either Smart Cover compatible or not.

4. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

I bought the KayCase and it's alright ... not great but alright. I had this on my ipad air...

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Shield...86&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+ipad+air+back+cover

and loved it. I'm not crazy about the clear hard plastic back cases. They're too slippery and the KayCase has got some grip to it but it's rubbery which means that it has to be thicker than the one above. It also "flaps" a bit around the bottom under the home button because the material isn't quite firm enough. That Belkin was actually pretty perfect .... very thin, lightweight and was a hard sort of textured plastic that gave it some grip. Unfortunately it appears as if they're not making them for the Air 2 or I would've grabbed one up in a minute. They do make the Snap Shield, but it's slippery and from the reviews it's received, it's basically junk.

5. robertpatryk macrumors member

I'd like to have one from Belkin, but does it fit Air 2?

6. mackie8 macrumors 6502