Where can I find this in the UK?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NStocks, May 30, 2010.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

So I've recently being looking for screen and body care and cleaning for Unibody Macbook Pro. I remember the brand iKlear and see that they have got some good reviews and products.

I went to the Apple store UK and found that they no longer sell it, but the US store does. I searched amazon but I couldn't find the box that containts EXACTLY what the Apple store US sell.

Has anybody in the UK bought this item ( UK, online store, no imports ), if so please tell me where !

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS833LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2OA&mco=MTA4NDI2NTk

2. Sara213 macrumors newbie

Sara213

3. psxguru macrumors 6502a

Try ebay, that's where I got mine the last time I bought some - lasts ages. I don't bother with their microfibre cloths though, I just use microfibre cloths from Poundland etc.

4. MrHyde85 macrumors member

5. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Go into to a retail store, last time I went into the store in Cabot Circus, Bristol they had loads...... that was three weeks ago.

6. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

7. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

8. nanofrog macrumors G4

From what I can tell of the description (another source of it, and has a clear description that states it's for cleaning), the one at Amazon.uk will do what you want. It's the same kit.

Just the exact contents are a tad different from the one you want (kit you're after appears to have both a large and travel size of cleaner vs. single bottle, chamois, and pre-moistened wipes kit that you can get hold of).

If you're dead set on the IK-26K kit, I'd go with the link provided above by Sara213 (gives stores that carry iKlean products, as they may either have it, or can get it for you).

9. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

But the amazon one doesn't say if you can use the spray bottle to clean the aluminium or keyboard. Screenclean.co.uk says :

iPod & iPod mini: Control Panel/Display/Case
    iBook: LCD Screen/Translucent Case
    KeyboardPowerBook: LCD Screen/Aluminum or Titanium Case/Keyboard
    iMac: Flat Panel Display/Chrome Pivot/Base/Mouse/KeyboardHD Cinema & Studio
    Displays: Screen/ Translucent or Aluminum Case
    Power Mac G5: Brushed Aluminum Case
    iSight: Lens/ Case
    Original iMac/ eMac/ G3/ G4
    Cube: Translucent case/ Screen

It does not mention the Aluminium case...

EDIT: This item has more products but I'm not sure if it for both screen, keyboard and case (the spray that is)

http://www.screenclean.co.uk/iklear_ipod_cleaning_kit.php

10. nanofrog macrumors G4

I see that as suitable for anodized aluminum, and various plastics (i.e. ABS for the controls, and Polycarbonate for the screen are likely the materials selected in this case).

The solution is both alcohol and ammonia free, so it's unlikely to cause damage to a multitude of products.

Take a look at the following (also from the description for the link I gave):
    In short, you'd be fine with it, and it's actually accessible. :)

11. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

12. nanofrog macrumors G4

13. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

Any ideas of the expiry date of such a product? I can image the 8oz bottle lasting a while...

14. nanofrog macrumors G4

I haven't had that brand, but of what I have purchased, I don't recall an expiration date for the most part (*). And I use things until it's gone (years for cleaners like this). The most I ever did, was hand wash the micro fibre cloths.

*The only one with a date that I recall, was an eyeglass lens cleaner made for anti-reflective coatings when they first came out.

So I wouldn't worry about it. ;)

15. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I just got an email back from screenclean.co.uk. He said that the one I want (on Apple US store) is not avalaible in the UK. He said that the spray in the polish kit and cleaning kit is the same, just a different size.

I think I'll buy the £17 kit because you get more cloths (anti-bacterial) and the spray will last a while anyway. The cloths are more expensive to buy than the spray...

Thanks for your help.

I reccomend screenclean.co.uk, very cheap prices and include Free UK Deliverey, plus they are ready to order and avaliable.