Where can I get a cheap back skin protector for new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bobright, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bobright, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

bobright macrumors 601

I need some cheap protection until I decide on a case. Is there anything cheaper out there then bestskinsever or invisible shield?

2. spacefiesta macrumors newbie

You probably won't get it in time for friday but hypershield is selling their back protectors for ≤$10 (they're on sale right now)

https://www.hypershop.com/HyperShield-s/189.htm

I ordered a thermoplastic black back cover & it should be arriving tomorrow; hope it's hole is big enough for the camera :rolleyes:.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks but looking more for a clear skin protector not really case.

I will say though those look tempting at the price thing is they are for iPad 2 would they still fit new one (thought it was thicker)?

4. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

arent those hypershields for ipad 2? the new ipad is a little thicker, im not sure those will fit

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

yea dont think those will fit

so anybody know where to get some cheap temporary body skin protection?

6. wirelessness macrumors 6502

I've checked most every 'skin' company and have not been able to find anything that would ship today. Zagg is the closest having a full body kit that ships on 3/19 I believe. The usual suspects like Bodyguardz, Ghost Armor, Slickwraps and Amazon don't have anything available yet.

7. glen e macrumors 68030

posted before - shelf paper - rugged stuff take your pick of color
    or window tint at walmart....

8. wirelessness macrumors 6502

I've used packing tape on the faces of my dive watches. Works great. If it's just temporary...that could be one way to go.

9. glen e macrumors 68030

I have a piece of CF cut for the back of mine using the 3M Di-noc carbon fiber I have in my storage. I buy it by the yard at metrorestyleing.com - exact same stuff as icarbons....I use it for boat, car and other trim pieces....works great- I'll just cut it to protect the back and not wrap around....
    [​IMG]

10. ejisfun macrumors regular

iCarbons skins are also shipping 3/19 fyi. I have mine on preorder.

11. vrillusions macrumors regular

vrillusions

I preordered mine from http://www.bestskinsever.com/the-new-ipad-3-skin. Was really happy with their ipad 2 skin as it wrapped around the corners nicely. All they're saying is is it ships as early as friday, I'm assuming so they can make sure everything fits. I just had the back skin from them and just used the smart cover to protect the front and there wasn't a scratch on it.

12. mad-jamie16 macrumors regular

the reviews coming in are saying the new iPad fits into the iPad 2 cases. Im pretty sure a sticker going over the back will fit.

13. mariotr87 macrumors regular

Do you know if they leave ANY residual adhesive on the back when removed? Or does it look just like brand new?

Thanks!

14. macAllen macrumors 6502

macAllen

Has anyone had any owner experience with ArmorSuit?
    Amazon ArmorSuit $17.95

I've had experiences with both Zagg Invisible Shield and Bodyguardz. And I prefer Bodyguardz more over than Zagg. Zagg feels too rubbery compared to Bodyguardz.

Im looking to get ArmorSuit vs Bodyguards because it comes with a Home Button cover as well.

So. Anybody? Do you have any experiences with ArmorSuit?

15. vrillusions macrumors regular

vrillusions

Nope, no residue whatsoever. I removed it before I sold it because the corners were kinda beat up (but the actual corners were perfect). It took a while to take off though as it didn't want to come off. But no issues with tearing. There may have been the slightest bit of residue but it came off when I went over it with a slightly damp cloth.

16. glen e macrumors 68030

No major skin company would make something that leaves residue....otherwise they'd be outta biz fast....

17. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm waiting for Griffin to release the Reveal shell for the new iPad. I had it on my 2 and it's great...For now, my newbie is living in a Griffin leather folio case, which I had left over from my 2. It fits nearly 100% so no worries on scratches until the rear shell is released in the UK.

18. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I got the one from best skins ever. It hasn't arrived yet, but I think it's going to work pretty well.

19. BearsFan34 macrumors regular

BearsFan34

Confirmation: the HyperShield *does* fit the new iPad (3rd generation).

The company updated their website to say so.

I ordered a navy blue one the day they updated the banner on their website (a few days after the new iPad went on sale); and since I had a light gray HyperShield that I sold along with my iPad 2, I can confirm that the HyperShield for the new iPad is the EXACT same one that fits the iPad 2.

It fits the newest iPad perfectly. It's a little tight the first time you apply it, but that's a good thing. I'm using it now.

Am a big fan of the product...recommended. And it's cheap ($9.99 US).

Attached Files: