Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MDMachiavelli

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2015
1,000 Mil From Nowhere
Do you know what would be fair value at this point?
[doublepost=1502907716][/doublepost]

I did a fair amount of research before buying mine and I wouldn't pay more than $600 for one.

Do they still sell them?

Not that I am aware of. When they announced that it was being discontinued Apple stated that they would continue to sell them until the supply ran out. That being said I haven't seen one sold by Apple in a while, but that is just my experience.

lax28

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2014
New Jersey
Got mine back in Feb from eBay, paid between 500-600 with shipping.

Since then I have seen them from time to time in the Apple refurbished online store. You may want to keep checking there, they don’t seem to last long once posted to the store.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I know this isn't what you asked, but I'd suggest looking for something else, something newer.

Apple's thunderbolt display is a "display of the past"...

Reactions: Populus

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
Craigslist is another good place to look if you are willing to drive a little ways to meet someone to pick it up.

NerdyMcNerdface

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2017
USA
Newegg had some refurbs. I also looked on Ebay. Careful with ones that look like a good price, they're often non-functioning or have cracked screens. Saw a few for sale without the front glass. I don't know what that's about but one seller had several. There were also several being sold without the stand. Then I saw a few in decent shape with a decent price but shipping was outrageous. So it takes some digging to find one in the price range and quality you want.

bensharma

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
I got one on eBay, it's shipping right now. US$540 used with some scratches on the back.

I am getting another off Kijiji, Cdn$700 (US$560), near mint. Will string them together with my 2012 MBP or 2013 Air.

Enjoying Apple Vintage life! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.