Where can I get an additional power source for my MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeckdude, Jul 11, 2012.

1. zeckdude, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

zeckdude macrumors newbie

I am travelling to Europe next week and will be travelling on the road quite often. I would like to get some work done during that time. My laptop battery will inevitably run out of power during that time and I would like to carry an additional power source with me so I can get some extra juice when I am nowhere near an outlet.

I have the latest MacBook Pro where the battery is not removable.

Where can I get an additional power source for my MacBook Pro? I don't mind if it is a 3rd party product.

2. stuaz macrumors 6502

Are you asking about where you can get another power supply? You can't get a battery for it.

Why not take your adapter from home and plug in when near an outlet?

3. zeckdude thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your suggestion stuaz, but I may be on the road for many hours and not near an outlet. Is there no 3rd party product that will hold a charge which I can plug my battery into? Surely there are many business travellers who encounter this problem?

4. kniemann macrumors newbie

5. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Look up HyperJuice of you want an even bigger external battery. They have 4 different sizes.

6. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

You can get a ac inverter for your car and then just charge the laptop with the power cord while driving.

7. cas85 macrumors regular

Good idea but I would also like to add if you go this route don't just buy the cheapest available. I have personally seen crappy ones start on fire inside the vehicle. At least make sure it can handle your peak power output requirements.