Where can I get an new LCD screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by computerclueles, Dec 14, 2007.

1. computerclueles macrumors newbie

Well not just the screen, I need the whole top monitor part? Im not at all computer savvy so sorry for my lack of terminology but my screen is totally fried. I brought it to the Apple store and they said a new panel is $400 :eek:. I definately don't have that much to replace it, but Im sure there must be a way to get one thats been used? If anyone has any advice, I would TOTALLY appreciate it.
    Oh, and I have an Ibook G3 (its from 2002)

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Don't pour any amount of money into a G3 iBook. Take it from someone who just sold his G3 and upgraded to a Macbook. Save that money for as long as you have to to buy a refurbished Macbook. Right now, patching a G3/G4 is like plugging your fingers into the deck of a sinking ship. Not worth it.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

www.dttservice.com

www.ifixit.com

Though some people are buying the panels off ebay for a lot less.

---

There are some other places around for buying Mac parts, or some people parting out machines.

Though it can likely be an inverter or a bulb that is needed, and those iBooks do suffer from a "display issue" so checking the serial number against Apple's serial number range may help.

http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/

4. computerclueles thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I do wish that was an option for me. I would absolutely love a macbook, I just don't even have close to the amount of money for one right now. I need my G3 back and running ASAP because I need it for school.

5. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Well, if you're into wasting money on a broken/outdated product, you could buy a G4 laptop for the price it is going to cost you to fix that G3.