Where can I get Artwork?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ericinboston, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ericinboston macrumors 68000

Hi all. I have never bought a single tune from iTunes and probably never will...since I am a cd collector.

So I've got about 125gigs of mp3s yet 0 artwork...I finally got the 160gig Classic to hold all my tunes and now actually have some room for artwork. :)

So...where can I get the artwork? Is there an application/database I can download with gazillions of pictures that will somehow associate with iTunes 7.9.x on my Windows system? Any gotchas I should watch out for with said application?

I know I can manually enter a pic per song/artist but that would literally take months of time.

Thanks so much for the tip!

-Eric

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

google is your friend.

Type the name of the album and go to images. There's usually a copy of the artwork. Some sites have databases of album art, but they don't have everything, so if you just google the album name you'll find much more. If the album is on iTunes, do a right click and press "Get Album Artwork." Other than that, you'll have to find the images and import them manually.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

go up to your menu (I think on a PC the menu item is advanced) and click get artwork. Of course you have to make an iTunes music store account first, but you don't have to buy anything or put in any credit card information.

4. ericinboston thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks to both of you...the problem is a lot of my music is not from full albums but from promotional cd singles, maxi cds, import cds, promotional compilations, etc...90% of the stuff I own will not be for sale. :) Yes, I'm a dj.

I will try the iTunes account thing...I just hope Apple is not super invasive when I create it.

I would have thought there would be an application (yes, I've googled and I've found forums/apps from 2005) that I could say "Madonna" and it would just get a pic of her from any old Madonna cd...ditto for any other Artist.

I'll look into iTunes...

Thanks!

5. zebraman macrumors member

6. macdim macrumors 6502

http://www.gimmesometune.com/

Download this little app, and if your album names and artist names are correct, it will download artwork for all of your music automatically (if it's available). If your music is of non-common or sold albums, you're SOL and you'll have to manually find them on Google Images or Amazon or an album art database as previously mentioned.

Good luck.

7. Volante macrumors regular

I usually use itunes or amazon.com, or as a last resort allcdcovers.com

8. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

Fetch Art

if for some weird reason it can't find it, i'll go to amazon or just google it.

9. donmei macrumors regular

I go to amazon.
    they've got everything and the cd cover pops right up
    right click (windows) copy
    and paste into the info in itunes

works great if you select all the songs then rt lcick and select . cant remember exactly, on my office notebook, but you get the point.

Don

10. slimjim247 macrumors member

slimjim247

Google Album Cover Finder

Download the program and then just type in the artist or the album name and it will show a variety of album covers. Plus it's compatible with iTunes so it syncs right into your library

11. mvangent macrumors newbie

I use Discogs.com all the time. It's the best!

12. JoshLV macrumors regular

13. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

14. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a