Where can I get border templates for Photoshop??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John-Peter, Apr 1, 2008.

  1. John-Peter macrumors newbie

    Mar 17, 2008

    I love printing my pictures with "messy" borders (at least that's what my local digital lab calls them). They're the ones that look like there is a remnant of a negative around the border of the photo.

    The tech at the at the photo lab told me I could download this type of border template off the internet at low or no cost and apply it right in PS Elements.

    I've searched all over but can't find anything.:confused: Anyone know where I can find something like this???

  2. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

    Mar 10, 2005
  3. creative78 macrumors regular


    Nov 8, 2007
  4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

    Father Jack

    Jan 1, 2007
    Photo Frame Pro by Onone software has a great selection of film borders ... :)
  5. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

    Mar 10, 2005
    You don't think that was useful?

    Editing has two stages. Content manipulation and process manipulation. Why do you want people to think you photographed with Type 55 if you really did it with your d40 or something? The grain isn't going to be right, the depth is off, etc etc etc. The borders are more than just borders, they're a summary for a procedure.
  6. John-Peter thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 17, 2008
    Thanks creative 78 and Father Jack, those are indeed more useful to me! I really have no need or desire to trick people into thinking that I am shooting with film, I just like the esthetic of the negative border. In fact it doesn't need to look like a negative at all it could just be more of a burned or smudged effect. I am new to all this so don't know the terminology.

    Thanks again to the two of you for helping me out. Frankie, your second post was in fact useful for my overall learning so thanks for that (though I must say that I rolled my eyes at your first post because it really gave me nothing)

Share This Page