Where can I get ios6 beta?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by GadgetGeek407, Jun 17, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I am not a beta tester or developer for apple but every chance i get to test anything I usually like to, where can I do download ios6?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You can't. https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action is the only official place you can download.

Asking to get it elsewhere will get the thread closed.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

In order to get it legitimately, you need to be a developer
    All other means are not open for discussion on MR

4. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok, once I install it, can I go back to my original OS or am I stuck with ios6? I ask this more cause of the non working apps and what not. Pretty much looking forward to the mail attachment feature for my business, the maps if they are good, and see what else it has.

Can I keep my jailbreak on it? I love the wifi tether and iblackbook and a few other features.

5. TjeuV macrumors 6502

The times it were only developers are far far away now. Everyone with a lil extra money buys the developer program so they can have ios a little earlier ...$99 for a beta, pathetic if you ask me

6. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

And then people come on here complaining about why it doesn't function perfectly.

7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I think the opposite is true, I remember a poll during the beta 5 asking how many got it via a torrent and it was like 78% before the poll was shut down. $99 is a fair price point and even then most are getting it illegally.

8. TjeuV macrumors 6502

Must've been quite the most representative poll ever ! :rolleyes:

9. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

$99 is for being able to publish your Apps on the App Store is it not?

10. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I was shocked it lasted as long as it did and people were honest or at least the 78% were ;)

11. TjeuV macrumors 6502

Correct, but also for downloading the beta

12. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Yes, that is what the $99 is for as well as beta access, another $99 for OS X access. Total of $200 if you want to have both.

13. Brenz macrumors member

While some have managed to go back to iOS 5 it doesn't always seem to work. If apps don't work you will have to deal with it and in some cases they wont be fixed until the official release.

While it can be Jailbroken but the current jailbreaks for it will result in breaking all of Apples apps, some 3rd party apps and some Cydia apps making it essentially unusable and only recommended for developers.

14. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Just use Xcode to downgrade. Oh wait you don't have that because you aren't a developer.

15. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

I hope this is MR appropriate but yes you can install the Beta without having a developer account. Search it and find it. Is not illegal I believe because without a glitch (that apple itself overlooked) you couldn't get past activation, which is what verifies the device is registered. I see it no different from a legal standpoint, then Using a exploit to Jailbreak.

On the downgrade side, it will downgrade fine. Just go into DFU mode and hit the restore button on iTunes and your golden. I went from 6 to 5.1.1 when I thought wifi was broke, but it was just my router.

16. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

You aren't required to be a developer to have Xcode.

17. pdjudd macrumors 601

No, it’s illegal - Apple is not providing any access to the software on a general basis - the only way you can get it is by being a paid dev directly or by getting access from another dave These terms are very restrictive.

It is nothing like jail breaking because this is considered private. Apple makes it very clear that this is not for public usage. They enforce this contractually. Either you get it from Apple or another developer as an employee and that is it. And if you get it from Apple, there are terms that you have to agree to.

18. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

There are also terms you agree to when you buy an iPhone, have you ever read those? cause it basically says do not jailbreak. So its all the same thing man, stop being a party popper acting like you follow all the rules all the time, there is no room to live or breath in this country for this who follow everything by the book.

19. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

iOS 6 is in a Beta status, even paying the $99 you will find your iPhone/iPad with bugs that probably will screw you up and let you regret doing it.

Do not mess with it, just wait a couple of months when will be released officially.

20. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

Can we start closing these threads on sight? Please?

21. pdjudd macrumors 601

There are however other laws about jail braking that ovveride those terms - second, those terms still very much apply to warranty.

But jailbreakng is not analogous to obtaining to obtaining software not available to the public. Something that Apple can and does restrict. The beta is closed and not something that you have rights to. The only legitimate method is from Apple or another developer who authorizes you for testing. Unless you get it legitimately those ways it matters not what flaws you exploit to get it to work. Apple hasn’t authorized you to use it. You circumvent those means you are violating Apple’s copyright to code that is private.

22. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

That's funny. /\/\ --- His avatar is where I got my UDID registered.