Where can I get the 'New Mail Sound'?

aramil2003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
I've set up my Sony Ericsson to check my .mac account every hour. Trouble is, I want it to play the 'New Mail Sound' (which plays when you recieve email in Mail) when I recieve an email.

I've looked in the System/Sounds folder, not in there. I've also looked in User/Library/Sounds, nothing in there either. Where the hell is it?!!

Does any body know where I can find this sound? I've even resorted to searching the major search engines for it but had no luck......

Help!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
In the Finder, right-click on Applications/Mail.app and select "Show Package Contents". Inside Contents/Resources you will find sound file New Mail.aiff. You can also find Mail Sent.aiff, No Mail.aiff, and Mail Fetch Error.aiff.

Comment

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
aramil2003 said:
I've set up my Sony Ericsson to check my .mac account every hour. Trouble is, I want it to play the 'New Mail Sound' (which plays when you recieve email in Mail) when I recieve an email.

I've looked in the System/Sounds folder, not in there. I've also looked in User/Library/Sounds, nothing in there either. Where the hell is it?!!

Does any body know where I can find this sound? I've even resorted to searching the major search engines for it but had no luck......

Help!
how does that work... u don't need to be near your computer? :confused:

Comment

aramil2003

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Doctor Q, you're a star. Thanks very much.

Puckhead193 - I'm using the email client on my P910i on my mobile to check my .mac mail when I'm out and about....

Thanks again Doc.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.