Where can I order an Apple Logo print?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by connor.p.rose, Sep 7, 2015.

1. connor.p.rose macrumors newbie

connor.p.rose

I need to order a large (preferably A1 sized (841mm * 594mm)) poster of the Apple Logo  - I have scoured the web and cannot find anything suitable that doesn't make the image go bury, and as far as I am aware the Photos app on my mac doesn't do it either.

If you are wondering what it is for, I am using it to put on my bedroom wall behind my desk.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Connor

2. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Hi,

You need to find a vector version of the logo. That's the key. Try something like: http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/free-apple-logo-vector-ai.html

Or, of course, as you demonstrated in your post, you can use a font for it if you prefer. If you blow a (fairly) low res jpg, bitmap or whatever up to that kind of size then it's going to look pixellated/blurry.

As for outputting it, ring round local digital printers. Places like AlphaGraphics, Staples, KallKwik or whatever your local equivalent will be able to help you.

If you're going to be supplying a file to a printers then it's always a good idea to have a word with them first to make sure you're going to supply something they can use. Any good printer will be able to give you some specs.

Good luck.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You will find one here. You can use either the EPS or AI file. Both will be able to be increased in size without loss. You will be able to open the EPS in Preview. The AI file will require Adobe Illustrator. Staples or any quick-copy print shop would be my recommendation.

4. Brethil macrumors newbie

Brethil

5. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Indeed it is. Fonts be vectors.

So long as either...

• you embed the font (e.g. in a PDF), or
    • you outline the font (e.g. in Illustrator), or
    • the printer has exactly the same font as you

...then that's fine.

Let's not start the age old "supplying fonts to third parties" debate here! ;-)

r.