Where can I pre-oder a full-price AT&T (contract-free) iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anti.Hero, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Anti.Hero macrumors member

Anti.Hero

Or is my only option to wait in line on launch day at the Apple store? I've seen posts saying the T-Mobile contract-free preorder option may/may not work with AT&T straight out of the box so I'm skeptical as to whether I should take this route. It's a lot of money to risk if this option doesn't work. Also, will Apple allow me to purchase 2 phones if I wait in line during launch (I need to buy one for my dad also)?

2. mrcultureshock macrumors member

There's another thread in which people wonder if the full priced T-Mobile iPhone 6 available at the Apple Store is unlocked. The consensus is that most people are pretty sure that the phone will be. If this is true, then you'll be able to use it with AT&T. That's what I plan to do too.

3. Anti.Hero thread starter macrumors member

Anti.Hero

@mrcultureshock, thanks for the response.
    I've done some more research and I've decided to go the TMobile route as well. Those who have bought the 5S last year under the "contract-free" option confirmed the phone to work out of the box with AT&T as long as the phone is bought from Apple and NOT TMobile. I'm hoping this is the case for this year as well, at least now I don't have to worry about being able to purchase two phones at once while standing in line on launch day.