Where can I save text messages on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Richupton, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Richupton macrumors newbie

First of all apologies, if this has been asked ad nauseum or if the information is already posted here, but I was wondering whether it was possible to move my text messages from the in box to a folder once I have completed a conversation, in order to refer to them for future reference. I don't want to transfer them to PC but rather save them on my 3GS.

Many thanks

Richard

2. sportster macrumors 6502

What I've done in the past is take a screen shot (press the power & home button at the same time) while on your txt message and store the image. It took some time and a few screen shots to do it, but it worked for what I needed.

I do not think there is a way from apple to do this. I have heard of some apps that you can buy that lets your export your txt messages. But, I refuse to pay for them...

3. Richupton thread starter macrumors newbie

One technique I have picked up is to copy and save the text from the message to the notes application. Not perfect, but a start...I would more likely pay for an app that gives me a better solution but only if....