Where can I see a Nexus 7 in Canada?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mikeoui, Nov 28, 2013.

1. mikeoui macrumors regular

Does anyone know where I might be able to see a Nexus 7 in person in Canada? I really want a retina mini, but it's out of the question due to price. So I'd like to be able to actually use a Nexus 7 before I buy one. BestBuy.ca says they're not available in the stores here so I'm assuming that means there is no display model. I'm not sure where to look. FWIW, I'm in Québec City.

----------

EDIT: Finally found something promising. Seems like it's available at Future Shop. I'll stop by there later to see.

2. jonAppleSeed macrumors regular

Do you have a Bureau en Gros near by? They have them on display there.

3. mikeoui thread starter macrumors regular

I do! And I happened to have run out of printer ink last night too. It's fate. Thank you!

4. mikeoui thread starter macrumors regular

I never got to Bureau en Gros, but I found it at Best Buy. Future Shop only has the 2012 model. (I'm updating this in case anyone else ever has the same question.)

5. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Future Shop has some demo unit of the Nexus 7 :)

6. mikeoui thread starter macrumors regular

I went to the Future Shop at Place Laurier and they only had the 2012 model. I was looking for the new Nexus 7 FHD 2013 version. Of course that doesn't mean that other Future Shop locations don't have the newer version.

7. Navdakilla macrumors 65816

Staples has them on display for sure.. that's where I ended up getting mine from!

8. mikeoui thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, Staples is called Bureau en Gros in Québec. I did get there eventually and saw them. Bought one online yesterday. There was a super Cyber Monday deal. The 32 GB model was only $230 on eBay, rather than $269.