Where can i see FCE works?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bluedoggiant, Jan 12, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

im going to get FCE and want to see some videos edited using it. and not just text and stuff, i want to see a video that shows FCE's editing capabilities beyond imovie 06, does anybody know a site of creations like this?

2. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

ive seen all those videos, i want to see works made using it that shows its great features, i dont want to know how to use it

3. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

The tool isn't important...
    Seriously, why would a movie better if it was made with one or another software?

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

one software may have more advanced editing tools

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I would say it is very rare you are going to find a FREE FCE tutorial on the net. That is hard work and lesson planning that you would pay for. I would recommend googling "FCE Video Tutorials" and seeing who comes up. I am sure you can find it there! :)

6. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

no

no

no

not at all, you guys are not getting what i want

is there a place where i can see stuff MADE using fce??? i know how to use it fare and square, i just want to see stuff made with it.

7. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Which will be invisible (and irrelevant) in the result.

New editing tools will bring improvements only to the speed and convencience of the editing job, not on the final result. Apart from the obvious fashionable transitions, everything you're likely to find in today's editing software exists since... well, long before I started working in this. You'll find improvements, but they're mostly tied to the technology used. From an editing point of view, you can make (almost) everything from a wedding to Terminator 3 on FCE (or maybe even iMovie). There are better tools, but editing is only a matter of putting things in order. The art of editing is the order in which you put the things you have, to tell the story, and how you do it. Although I agree, doing a 2hours long movie with iMovie would be quite painful.

If you talk about video compositing, it's a whole different story, but this thread is about FCE.

An interesting link you should read (I'd suggest you start from the bottom to get my point faster):
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/7.htm

8. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

ken rock well? i know this guy, my dad reads his blog, my dad is a photographer

9. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Well, so read this article and also "seven levels of artists", and such.

I don't work in editing anymore (and it's not like I worked a lot in this, but one of my tasks consisted in, yes, editing), but I started with Premiere (POS, if you ask me), the Speed Razor (the best, IMO), and then Liquid (another POS, but it "looked better on the paper" so the guys I worked for adopted it). They recently switched to FCP, btw.
    Now I'm asking you directly: how can you make better things with FCP than with FCE? You could buy the top of the line Mac Pro, and still make sh*t (I don't know, it's just an example, I should see your work). And you could also buy a PC and make the best movie ever on it (if you don't have a heart attack before completing it, that is :))
    I see on your blog (and profile) that you care a lot about gizmos (I do too, up to a certain level) so I guess you don't like what I'm telling you, but I think you need it.

10. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I understand what you're saying and I don't understand why people are confused by your question. There are a # of things you can't do with imovie vs. FCE. If I knew where to point you I would though. One thing is probably chroma key (or blue/green screen). Also, FCE has wayyyyyy more tracks to edit on. I too would love to see some work done with FCE too.

I hope you find what you're looking for though.

11. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

What I mean, is, if you see footage edited with Premiere, for instance, and somebody tells you "it's done with FCE", you won't be able to tell the difference because, simply, there isn't.

Chromakeys are compositing (basic level). This is a different thing. Here the tool is extremely important. If you mean this kind of particular features, you should make a concise list instead of saying just "footage edited with FCE"

12. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

it's obvious you're not really going to help the OP out so you should probably stop threadcrapping now. You know what he's asking. Premiere and FCE can do some of the same things. He wants to see the difference between FCE and imovie differences. Basic vs. advanced. Some of it depends on the person editing but there are limits on what software does.

13. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Okay, I stop "threadcrapping", but the OP reminded me when somebody comes and asks me which camera will take better pictures. He got the same answer.