Where can I see Weeknumber in iCal?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ramius, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Ramius macrumors 6502

Is this even possible?
    My school is sharing alot of dates according to weeknumbers. Its stupid, but therefor I need the option of seing actual weeknumbers. I cant do this on either my iPhone or iCal.

I dont want to download a silly callendar that just displays weeknumbers as a message. I want it professionally. Is there some kind of crack or patch that can make iCal do this?

2. Kimbie macrumors regular

Kimbie

A quick google for "week number in ical" led me to this thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=173135

Kimbie

3. Zyniker macrumors 6502

There is a way to do this built into OS X. Go to System Preferences and then Language & Text. Click on Formats, then Customize the Dates settings. Add week to the "Full" date format. You will now have weeks in your iCal dates in both Day and Week views.

4. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Amazing Zyniker. Worked like a charm. You are the first one who has ever given the solution to this problem, after a day of googling different threads and blogs about this issue.

Doesnt work in week view though. Any thoughts on that?

5. Zyniker macrumors 6502

iCal dynamically adjusts the date format to the amount of screen real estate is has been given. Try resizing the window and watch the date format switch from Full to Long to Medium to Short. If you do not have enough screen space, iCal will simply use a smaller date format. I'm not aware of any particular way around this...other than increasing the size of iCal's window.

6. Ramius thread starter macrumors 6502

Doh! /Slaps self

Worked, just had to resize yes.

Now its perfect on my Mac. But on iPhone, week view is not possible right?

7. Zyniker macrumors 6502

Not yet. Here's to hoping for a little hidden gem in iPhone OS 4.0 (landscape week view).