Where can I sell mid 2010 15 inch mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bfavre624, Jul 18, 2011.

1. bfavre624, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

bfavre624 macrumors newbie

I am looking to sell my mid 2010 h15 inch mbp. If you know where I can post my mbp please reply to this posting.

Thank you,
    Brett

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

Unfortunately you can't sell it on the macrumors marketplace until a certain amount of posts or duration of membership. Try a local sell via CL or go Ebay.

3. bfavre624 thread starter macrumors newbie

Appreciate the response. Can you provide a link to the reselling rules.

Brett

4. lindstedt56 macrumors regular

Sell it on ebay should be able to get 1200-1500 for it.

5. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Although I'm in the process of trying to sell my laptop through Craigslist, it seems quite nice being able to contact with people in your local area. I would give it a shot.
    I don't know much about eBay, but there seems to be a fee that you have to pay when you are trying to sell. I wouldn't do it if you don't want any complicated mess.

6. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

What kind of mess do you think you get into with eBay? Yes, there's a fee, but your much more likely to get in a mess with craigslist.

If you haven't use something, and even admit to not knowing a lot about it, how can you comment on how it works?

7. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I do not want to spark another debate on reliability of internet auction, but did you notice that "I" haven't used it? That doesn't mean I haven't seen any of my close relatives, or even my parents, use it. I don't have to explain everything so that I can convince some people on rumor forums. And what do you mean how can I comment on how it works? Well, just like eBay, Amazon also charges fees for selling my product. I've sold quite a lot before, mainly MP3s and books, and all worked well except when a buyer requested a refund, Amazon gave the person a refund but I didn't get the package back. After that, I couldn't get in contact with the buyer whatsoever, no matter how hard I tried. That's when I thought selling directly and getting the money on the spot will be much better off than having to sell it online. I started using craigslist-tokyo, was able to sell more things, and it was easier to deal with refunds. That's just my personal experience.
    I know eBay is different from Amazon, but I trusted Amazon more, so I assumed eBay can't be anything better. It's a personal preference. I'm not trying to stop the OP from selling it on eBay.

8. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Between you saying you "don't know much about eBay" and "there seems to be a fee"(is there a fee or not? How can it seem like there's a fee?), you pretty much said yourself you shouldn't be commenting on eBay. Yes it's personal experience, but it's a personal experience you didn't have, but rather are assuming you would have.

I've bought/sold quite a few coins on eBay(in the range of 200 selling, 250 buying. Thank you gold prices :) ), with a decent number costing many times more than a Mac Pro, and have never had a bad experience.

9. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

I have bought and sold a few macs on ebay, when i upgrade i always sell my old mac there.

Tips:

As a seller have a NO REFUNDS policy.
    Never sell to anyone with less than 10 perfect feedback.
    If they message you offering more or a lot less don't sell to them outwith the auction.
    Never sell to anyone that doesn't have a confirmed paypal address.
    Always ship the item with a courier that provides full tracking.

The only time i ever had a problem on ebay was when i sent an item (xbox) via standard parcel post with no tracking, the user claimed not to get it and paypal refunded him.

If you use one of paypals shipping partners then everything is linked in via paypal and they can see instantly if the buyer has received the goods or not.

Remember the vast majority of people are like you and I, they are not out to con you, they are simply looking for a bargain or to pay a bit less than the shops charge.

10. Aaron from KY macrumors member

Mac of all trades, I've dealt with them several times. They're fair in their appraisal and I feel it's safer than ebay or craigslist.
    For example, they gave me $1000 for a refurb Mbp 2.4 i5, which retailed at $1269 when I bought it.
    Their web address is the same as the name of their business.

11. seong macrumors 65816

seong

haha, try selling it here in Japan. Impossible. Those kind of online shopping is not very prominent here. People prefer selling or buying with real cash, so that's why I deal with Craigslist.

12. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Moderator Note: As long as this thread remains about places other than MacRumors where this can be sold I'll leave it here. If it becomes a thread trying to sell it here it'll be Wastelanded.

Note I have removed the laptop specs as they have no impact on where is a good place to sell it and made the thread more likely to become a sale thread.