Where can I sell my 2007 iMac in UK

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MrMister111, Oct 26, 2012.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I think I need an updated iMac, mine is the 2007 Alu model C2D, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, 20". great condition

I was waiting the "next big thing" in iMac, but have to say a little underwhelmed like a lot here, thinner...who cares really?

So I think I might buy last years model as it will still be a big upgrade over my current one wont it? probably try refurb off UK apple if they get any in stock, and buy Apple care maybe (can you get Edu discounts for refurb and/or applecare?)

So where is best place to sell my iMac, I'm in UK btw. Currys are doing a trade in, but the iMac has to be <3 years old :(

I know eBay, but then hassle of posting, scammers, fees.

Anyone done this? how much does a 20" iMac boxed cost to post these days?
    cheers

2. tann macrumors 68000

Recently helped a friend sell his desktop pc on eBay, ~18kgs and a huge box I think parcel force 48 hour delivery charged about £24 for it.

3. M0esmac macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

I don't think you can get any discounts anymore if you already are buying from refurb. store.

Its very easy to deal with scammers:
    Post just to confirmed PayPal address
    Do not accept bids from ID's with less than 10 100% feedbacks

Posting is easy.

Recently I posted my iMac. Paid £23 for Yodel (best delivery service) with insurance. They came and collected and Buyer got it next day.

Do not post trough Parcel Force. They damage items, they fake signatures etcetcetc.