where can i sell my macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by isephmusic, Sep 14, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

i have the 2012 15inch i7 4gig ram and its just so slow to start up, opning photoshop or iphoto takes 5 minutes longer than it should im not at all happy spending 1.7k of my hard earned money on it. so im trying to see where i can sell it ? i hate ebay, amazon prices are so low, craiglist is eh kind of shady but i dont know if anyone else knows of another trusted site. i think im going to try the haswell 13inch with ssd because that 5400 drive is mindbogglingly slow

2. simsaladimbamba

You could always update to an SSD for 150 € for 256 GB of storage (and use the HDD in the Optibay via appropriate adapter) and upgrade the RAM to 8 GB (50 €) or 16 GB (100 € and less) yourself.

MacBook, MacBook Pro: Replacing the Hard Disk Drive, transferring data to the new HDD

the guide includes:
    • 0. Identify your MacBook or MacBook Pro
    • 1. Getting a new HDD
    • 2. Guides to replace the internal HDD with a newer one
    • 3. Transferring data from the old HDD to the new HDD
    • 4. Using the optical disk drive (ODD) slot for placing an SSD or HDD inside the MB/P (OPTIBAY)

Those upgrades, especially the SSD, will help with fast performance (startup, though sleep is just another option, quick opening of applications - PS opens in about 5 seconds and less) and multi tasking (more RAM allows more and bigger documents and applications open at the same time).

3. MeUnix macrumors 6502

Even though you hate eBay, it may be worth it for you to put it for sale on there at a "Buy it Now" price for what you want for your MBP. Other than that, I don't know of any other sites that are reliable to sell product on.

4. isephmusic thread starter macrumors 6502

i think apart for the slow performance i just want to go from 15inch to 13 without an optical bay for portability. my friends retina 13 is so nice compared to my goliath 15th heavy thing with no ssd or8gig ram standar =;[