Where can I trade in 38mm series 1?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blackicedcoffee, May 11, 2017.

1. blackicedcoffee macrumors newbie

Recently scored a barely used Series 1 38mm Space Gray for $100 from a friend. Really really really want the 42mm though. Other than Craiglist or Facebook or other classifieds, is there somewhere I can go that I can trade my 38mm plus cash for a refurb 42mm?

2. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

None that I know of... my guess is that it would be two transactions... Sell the 38mm watch and then buy a 42mm watch.

3. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Yea two transactions. Even if there was a way to trade in, you would likely get less than you can sell it for. You should be able to get close to $200 on Swappa, assuming it is in great condition.

Mike

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I'm not aware of any trade in's for the Apple Watch. Swappa would be a tougher sell in my opinion as someone else suggested. eBay would be your best bet for a larger audience.

Otherwise, look into the forum Marketplace on Macrumors to sell.

5. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

The only possible trade scenario other than Craig's I could think of might be that Nextdoor app and seeing if anyone in your neighborhood has a 42mm they want to trade. But likely your best bet will be 2 transactions.

I was looking to see if Powermax sold used watches, since they buy/sell/trade computers, but no. They only sell the AW new.