Where can I trade in 38mm series 1?

blackicedcoffee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2017
Recently scored a barely used Series 1 38mm Space Gray for $100 from a friend. Really really really want the 42mm though. Other than Craiglist or Facebook or other classifieds, is there somewhere I can go that I can trade my 38mm plus cash for a refurb 42mm?

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
Recently scored a barely used Series 1 38mm Space Gray for $100 from a friend. Really really really want the 42mm though. Other than Craiglist or Facebook or other classifieds, is there somewhere I can go that I can trade my 38mm plus cash for a refurb 42mm?
None that I know of... my guess is that it would be two transactions... Sell the 38mm watch and then buy a 42mm watch.

Reactions: SDColorado

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Yea two transactions. Even if there was a way to trade in, you would likely get less than you can sell it for. You should be able to get close to $200 on Swappa, assuming it is in great condition.

Mike

Reactions: SDColorado

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I'm not aware of any trade in's for the Apple Watch. Swappa would be a tougher sell in my opinion as someone else suggested. eBay would be your best bet for a larger audience.

Otherwise, look into the forum Marketplace on Macrumors to sell.

SDColorado

Contributor
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
The only possible trade scenario other than Craig's I could think of might be that Nextdoor app and seeing if anyone in your neighborhood has a 42mm they want to trade. But likely your best bet will be 2 transactions.

I was looking to see if Powermax sold used watches, since they buy/sell/trade computers, but no. They only sell the AW new.

Reactions: Relentless Power