Where can I watch the iPhone Conference 16/07/10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Twince, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Twince macrumors newbie

Twince

Hey, brand new member to this forum so please forgive me if I have posted this is the wrong place.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where I can watch the "emergency" conference live online... looked on the apple site but cant seem to find anything.

As an iPhone 4 holder, keen to find out whats happening.

Any help much appreciated,

Many thanks - Terry

2. Swift Sketcher macrumors regular

Yeah, I actually came on here to ask the same thing. Is there anywhere to watch the press conference live, aside from blog updates and such?

3. Twince thread starter macrumors newbie

Twince

And after all this Hype and Build-up, it would be more rewarding watching it Live, rather than reading through pages on forums or news site...

4. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

It's a press conference so there will be sites there doing live blogs ... I seen that engadget was invited so they will more than likely do a live blog

5. Swift Sketcher macrumors regular

But no live footage then? I wonder if any TV channels will have it...

6. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

I didn't think Apple ever had "live" footage of events available. But I doubt they'll have any video for this.

I'll be following on Engadget. Gizmodo's in Jobs' doghouse still, maybe forever.

7. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Apple used to stream events on their website but they stopped a long long time ago. There will be liveblogs, I will be following Ars's blog and Engadget's.

8. Twince thread starter macrumors newbie

Twince

So engadget blog & mashing the refresh button is the best option for us then??

Thanks for your help guys - Terry :)

9. fishmoose macrumors 68000

You don't need to hit refresh, I think Engadget has auto refresh which is nice!

10. bLaZ3n macrumors regular

lmao..

11. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I do think ESPN would bite.

12. starbot macrumors regular

I'm as ready as the next to hear what they have to say- but for real, a 30 second delay in what they are saying is not going to change your life. The engadget feed will self-update and is your best bet. Engadget is a great blog... I also read gizmodo daily, they sound consistently like children.

13. Twince thread starter macrumors newbie

Twince

Found this information which others may find useful,

Apple usually does not allow live streaming of the conference, but there are several other ways in which you can stay on top of the Apple iPhone 4 press conference on Friday, July 16, 2010 to be held in California.

Lucky folks from Engadget get to attend the conference live, which you can follow at Engadget Live. Mac Rumors may also cover the press conference live and you can view the updates at http://www.macrumorslive.com/. In addition to that our favorite site GDGT may also cover the event which you can view updates for at http://live.gdgt.com/

Audio streams for the iPhone 4 press conference will be available at http://live.twit.tv/, you can also follow the updates on Twitter by following @macrumorslive.

More options to get updates on the Apple iPhone 4 press conference will be added once they become available, we will also try to add some video streams if they are available later on.

Read more: Watch iPhone 4 Press Conference Online Updates and Feeds http://techie-buzz.com/watch-online...e-online-updates-and-feeds.html#ixzz0tqcZXUl9
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

14. Twince thread starter macrumors newbie

Twince

Panic over,, shown on Sky news ,,etc etc

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=969127

I wonder how many of us will be sat watching sky news, aswell as having our laptops infront of us watching the blog,,,,,, does that make me sad,, thats my Friday night planned ,,, lol.

15. matthewhotdude macrumors regular

Well Sky news here in the UK are saying they will have it live

16. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Can you watch Sky News via the internet? I have an UK VPN so that wouldn't be a problem.

17. Twince thread starter macrumors newbie

Twince

Yes :D