Where Custom MBP are shipped from if I live in CA (santa clara)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by picchiant, Aug 1, 2007.

1. picchiant macrumors newbie

picchiant

Hello guys, I will leave on august second for europe, my MBP 7200rmp is wating to be picked up by fedex, but on the tracking info there is no info about the location... so I was wondering if you know where these MBP are shipped from, I live in CA (santa clara) so I suppose in my case the shipping location shouldn't be too far...
    I have a second day delivery... I am hoping that it can be delivered in 1 day! if not I have to wait until my return :(

thanks in advance for your help

Alex

2. sevimli macrumors 6502a

3. picchiant thread starter macrumors newbie

picchiant

really???? :eek::eek::mad::mad::mad:

do you know where I can find some fedex tracking screenshots so I can try to estimate when it will be delivered?

thanks

Alex
    :eek:

4. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Theres an Apple store in Santa Clara, why not just cancel your order and go buy one in person?

5. picchiant thread starter macrumors newbie

picchiant

order status updated:

Status
    Shipment exception

Date/Time

Activity

Details

Aug 1, 2007 11:27 AM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

11:27 AM

Left origin

SHANGHAI CN

1:24 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

what the F*** does it mean ??? do you think I can have it before august second? maybe if it travels during the night, and it is here in the morning, maybe can be delivered in the afternoon? then.. I wake up!!! because I am dreaming...

6. jamesybsu macrumors regular

doesn't look like you are going to get it by tomorrow. It took my computer 3 days to get to Lincoln City, OR after FedEX picked it up in China. One day to Alaska, one day to Portland, than ground to my home. I assume yours will be similar in that it will be in Anchorage, Alaska - then your nearest big city, the ground from there.

Just go to the store and buy one, and have someone send back yours once it gets delievered. Unless it's custom config then put it on Ebay I guess. Have a great time over seas!

7. L3X macrumors 6502a

notice the OP got the 7200 HD so he can't just go to the store and buy one.

8. picchiant thread starter macrumors newbie

picchiant

No problem I can wait few weeks, it is a custom configuration and I checked all the apple stores around here before ordering online, but at that time the configuration I wanted wasn't available, and the apple store guy suggested to me to order on line to have it quickly than trought the shop....
    thank you all for your help, at least now I know for sure that I will not get it in time.
    I will go to Italy, the most beautiful country in the world... good wine, nice people... fantastic cities...

have a nice August.

Alex

9. jamesybsu macrumors regular

oh yes, well then don't go to the store and pick one up if you need a 7200 :D maybe take a voucher on your plane for a later date to wait for your new Mac :)

10. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I really doubt it will be there tomorrow. Did you pay for the faster shipping? If so, maybe the next day or the day after at the latest.

The Stig