where did all my contacts go

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterskier2007, Jul 15, 2008.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i am using mobile me for my contacts. all my contacts are correct on me.com and suddenly i lost most of my contacts on my iPhone. and all the contacts i still have, have no phone numbers, addresses, birthdays, just emails. WTF happened. i even came home and my addressbook on my macbook was effed until i synched it with mobileme??

does anyone know what happened

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Didn't you read the notice when you hit On for Contacts in the settings? :rolleyes:

Just have your iPhone set to sync them back from MobileMe...

3. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

no i didnt just turn on mobile me. i had it from mobile me for a while and i just suddenly lost them

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

When you set up MobileMe on your iPhone, you get a window that asks you what you want enabled. Mail, Contacts, and Calender. When you hit "On" for each, it will delete what's on your phone and sync with the ones on MobileMe.

As long as the updates from MobileMe are getting pushed to your phone now, you should get them back.

If they don't show up, just resync them from your computer then?

5. g8trb8 macrumors newbie

I had loaded about 25 songs on my phone Sunday night. Last night when I plugged my phone in the computer, there were no songs on my phone...I had to re-sync it...not sure what the deal was...

6. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i know i had contacts enabled a while ago. and they were working fine. then they randomly got effed

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Hmm, i'd try turning off MobileMe contacts for now.