Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
All i've been doing is converting a slide show to .mov and my mac os x partition has jumped from 107gb free to 9.49gb free. What do i do? I've only had my macbook pro for 3 days.

Thanks

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Use something like OmniDiskSweeper (free one-day licenses on the site) to see where the space went... if it wasn't that mov file it might be a runaway logfile or something... Just delete it using the disk sweeper or get something like MainMenu to do some maintenance for you... :)

topgun072003

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
there's an app called whatsize...that'll measure everything in your hard drive..that's what I use when I run low on space. For me its always music and torrented apps!..now the torrents go to the external so I'm all good. :D

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
there's an app called whatsize...that'll measure everything in your hard drive..that's what I use when I run low on space. For me its always music and torrented apps!..now the torrents go to the external so I'm all good. :D

the problem is that i haven't really installed much, just wow and a couple of cds were imported to itunes and a few small apps

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
omni disksweeper isnt telling me anything when i run a sweep, everything looks normal. What do i do it still says i have 9gb left

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
i cant believe it. I merged the sound and video of a four minute clip and it took up 99.9gb of space. How rediculous! Its fixed now, thanks for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.