Where did all the Mstand's go? (UK)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NStocks, Jun 22, 2010.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

I've been looking to purchase a Mstand for my 17" Unibody, however every website I've gone to says "Currently Unavaliable". Apple's site says 1-2 weeks for shipment !

Have Mac sales gone up so much that the Mstand has simply sold out so quickly :(. Has anyone from the UK bought one over the past week or so, if so where from ?

I've seen the (cheaper) alternatives but I really want to stay with the Aluminium design.

2. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

I ordered it yesterday (3pm) at the link above (UK) and it just arrived! (with expidited shipping £4.95)

It's a lot smaller than I expected it to be but that's comparing it to the iLap, which I bought from Dabs.com and was advertised as the Mstand, so it's going back.

I guess for £55 you don't get much but I know the quality is very good and it does the job!

I just need my replacement Macbook Pro to arrive:rolleyes:

4. gidz macrumors newbie

Just out of curiosity, how do you find the mstand with the 17" Unibody? I am thinking about getting one but am just concerned about stability and if it actually helps lower the temperature of the macbook at all?

5. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

For a third of the price, I bought the Logitech Alto Express stand. It works, it isn't ugly, and it was cheap.

Oh, it's not aluminium, but when you are using the stand you can't actually see it, because it is under the laptop!

The only working advantage the M-Stand has over this is that it elevates the laptop, thus helping prevent spillages onto your very expensive Apple gadget.

6. jjwarwick macrumors newbie

The mStand is a beautiful piece of engineering, and well worth the money over cheap nasty laptop stands.

I've had one for about a year which I use with my 15 inch MBP, and absolutely love it. The biggest advantage is the way it raises the screen to a perfect viewing height.