Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
yea I liked the older ones. shouldn't be hard to find but now will have to keep them in your photos folder rather than wallpapers.

Reactions: The Doctor11

Chad-VI

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2014
They're all online yes, but you can't find the best resolutions for the parallax effect. The stars will always look blurry compared to the ones included with the software when using parallax.

Reactions: bnekic

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
parallax ones are online as well..or someone can go back to 8.4.1 & jailbreak, extract wallpapers (.png please), solved(?)

dschulian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Germany
Hey there,

Just updated to iOS 9 and can't find many of the older wallpapers from previous iOS versions.

For example the space wallpaper which is one of my favorites (still activated)

Was this intended or went something wrong with my OTA update?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,496

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
These are the worst wallpapers I have ever seen on an Apple device. All the good ones are gone. I want my old ones back. Anyone know where to download them. My wife hasn't updated yet. Can I save them some how?
There are many places that offer downloads of other iOS version wallpapers, some are even on macrumors. A Google search will show you

Salvor Hardin

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
They should have at least kept the space ones, the new ones like the planets are rather boring compared to the zoomed in shots of Earth and the Moon. Does anyone have a archive of all iOS 7&8 wallpapers sized for the 6 Plus?
You know if they don't all the wallpapers building up over the years taking up space they could at least just have older ones just load from the web on demand akin to iCloud library.

AntonisCy

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
I have updated my iPhone to iOS9 but those cool wallpapers (green wave) i have seen in promos are no where to be found... Have they been removed at the last minute or something?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have updated my iPhone to iOS9 but those cool wallpapers (green wave) i have seen in promos are no where to be found... Have they been removed at the last minute or something?

That wave wallpaper was removed about 6 weeks back in the PB 3/DP 5 beta builds. Along with some iOS 8 wallpapers too. With some googling you can find them if you wanted to have them back.

Reactions: AntonisCy

netnative

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2013
Puerto Rico, USA
Is there a way to extract the wallpapers from .ispw files?

I have been searching on Google for the iOS 8 wallpapers but I have not been able to find them for the iPhone 6 Plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Aren't you guys getting a little worked up for this? iOS native wallpapers are all over the Internet. Just Google image search for them.

Reactions: humar

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Can't believe the wave wallpaper is just gone altogether. Been using it as my default since iOS 9 beta 1 dropped, thinking it was one of the coolest that Apple has had in years. More so shocked that it was in the beta and was scrapped for public release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.