Where did Apple say the iMac may come sooner than 2013?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bobright, Jun 14, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I read the front page news article but all it says is the Mac Pro was set for a 2013 release, although there is no mention of the iMac coming sooner is there?

Also I didn't see anything in writing with a source/article linked unless I missed it. Does anybody have a link to said claims that the iMac will come before 2013? It kind of seemed like speculation.

2. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

It's speculation but if they don't release it with or around the date they launch ml a lot of us will be upset.

3. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

It was based on a Benchmark result that appeared in a Database. Similar to the MacBook results that appeared as well.

4. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Apple just said that the 2013 remark was about the Mac Pro only. They didn't comment further, leading to speculation. That's all.

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I want to see where/how this was quoted is there some statement somewhere or is it just hearsay she say?

6. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Unless the iMac would be a complete failure machine, which it isn´t, it doesnt make sense at all to wait till 2013. It has now reached 100 days above the second longest refresh interval in history...I seriously doubt they are gonna skip 2012 all in all....that would just be throwing money away for apple, and I assume they like their greens.

7. karpich1 macrumors regular

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/12...c-pro-and-imac-designs-likely-coming-in-2013/

The bottom links to an article stating the new email clarifying what he said that ticked people off a few days earlier
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/connieg...esigns-for-imac-mac-pro-in-works-due-in-2013/

There is yet another link here
    http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/11/an-explanation-of-the-news-from-apple/

In short, they clarify a recently published quote saying that the iMac and MacPro are getting redesigned in 2013. The clarification is that they said that it's the MacPro getting updated next year (2013).

So you can look at it as:
    - They're updating iMac in 2012 and are trying to slow down the protests

- They are just trying to shut up the whiners, it's happening in 2013 but they don't want to admit it

- They're updating iMac in 2014, and we're even more screwed than we thought

Some people are optimists. It seems odd to immediately send out an email saying something similar to what you just said... but ignoring 1 of the 2 items it immediately mentioned.

8. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

I highly doubt that apple plans detailed product roadmaps into 2014.... I mean, I'm sure that they have some power point slides with little blocks and lines but 2014 is way too far out for them to have specific product plans.

9. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

You are crazy if you think Apple doesn't have a product plan for 2014. That's only a year and a half away.

And I bet they are NOT using PowerPoint slides

10. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

Like I said, I'm sure that an executive has a slide with a little box on it

And that's the extent of the 2014 product plan.

11. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I gotcha thank you for that provided information. I personally would think this means we're seeing one in 2012, why follow up with that email about the Pro's specifically releasing in 2013 if it included the iMacs as well (the prior statement would have stood as is if it were both)? It would also especially coming from Cook somewhat make him look bad as if he were misleading customers into a supposed earlier release. It wouldn't be the impression you want to give your first year taking over as Apple CEO.

I was holding off for a new iMac anyway but I feel a bit better about things now.