Where did Applications go??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by elmarko83, Jan 12, 2009.

1. elmarko83 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Finally made the move to Mac!! I've been finding my way around it but i dragged 'Applications' from the Finder side bar to the Dock hoping to have a short cut on the Dock but it did a puff of smoke or something like that and disappeared!!:eek: How can I get it back on the Finder sidebar?

Mark

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Did you try dragging it back? ;)

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

3. Ramashalanka macrumors regular

Go into the finder. Click on Macintosh HD in the sidebar. Find Applications in the list of directories. Drag Applications to the sidebar.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

If I am reading this right, you simply want to put an Applications folder icon in your dock. If that is the case then just open a window to your hard drive and drag the Applications folder to your dock, but make sure you are dragging it to the right hand side of your dock-- to the right of the dividing bar. It will then make it a "stack" in the dock.

If you don't care to have it show up like a stack and would prefer it to look like a normal folder, click and hold it on the dock and a list will pop up. Select "Display As Folder" rather than "Display as Stack" and that should take care of it.

5. elmarko83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellent, that's sorted it out. Thanks for your help!