iPhone Where did Cydia go?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by finder56, Jan 16, 2014.

1. finder56 macrumors newbie

I successfully jailbroke my 4s with Evasi0n a few weeks ago. No real problems, but a lot of the tweaks are still not working, so I deleted the non-working ones off from cydia. Now Cydia is gone! I used spotlight and it didn't find it either. How do I get it back?

2. Mactroki macrumors member

The same happened so I restore and reJB. But I read that you can simply start the JB evasion program, follow the steps and at some point Cydia icon will be back.

3. z06gal macrumors 6502

Try this: Settings > General > Reset > Reset homescreen layout to default

4. finder56 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried both the re-jailbreak and the setting reset and neither one worked. Still no Cydia. I would REALLY like to get it back though!

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

What did you delete before cydia disappeared? Is it possible you removed the Cydia Installer package or any other core package by accident?

6. finder56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Very possible. I was deleting themes, ringtones and apps that didn't work correctly. I took out a theme and it popped up a warning that it may be linked to files in cydia......I did it anyway.

I didn't believe the warning, guess I was wrong. In any case do you have a suggestion on getting it back?

7. caribsa macrumors regular

You might have to restore as new in iTune and use a previous backup (before you messed with the files) and then re-jailbreak.

8. Superman80 macrumors regular

You can get to Cydia buy opening safari and typing cydia:// in the address bar and pressing enter, if it doesn't load up its not on your phone

9. finder56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Caribsa....Your plan worked. I reset as new, restored my backup and re-jailbroke it. It works fine now and Cydia is back.

Thanks