Where did Events go?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eldiablojoe, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Photos does not seem to have Events any longer :( I can no longer custom label the collection. Also, I can't get to Events I created for warehousing photos, such as Work 2014, Work 2015, etc. :(

2. frazzm737 macrumors regular

frazzm737

In Photos, if you will click on View> Show Sidebar, you will see that you can make a selection to show iPhoto Events. Then you will see your photos in the more familiar layout. Or if you have the latest version of iPhoto 9.6.1, you can continue to use it.

3. MDJCM macrumors regular

MDJCM

At first I was worried about losing Events, but here's my explanation:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=21012099&postcount=8

4. dcaccount macrumors regular

Hello,

Always with reference to the habit of using events, I have found former iPhoto events but from now on what shall I do with the next imported photos that I want to somehow group together?

Is there a way then to convert former iPhoto events into album in order not to easte the time spent to classify the photos under iPhoto?

Thanks for helping, Daniele

5. MDJCM macrumors regular

MDJCM

Converting your library to Photos will automatically make your events into Albums. But only the first time. If you continue to use iPhoto, it could get messy.

Just import all photos to Photos app in the future, then every now and again review your photos and select a bunch and create an album. It's like an iTunes playlist, you can always add/remove photos from Albums later on.

6. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Nope, only Faces and All Photos, and Albums. No Events.

So, how where is the tutorial to convert my iPhotos photo libraries into Photos? I keep my iPhotos library on an external HDD.