Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
Photos does not seem to have Events any longer :( I can no longer custom label the collection. Also, I can't get to Events I created for warehousing photos, such as Work 2014, Work 2015, etc. :(

frazzm737

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
In Photos, if you will click on View> Show Sidebar, you will see that you can make a selection to show iPhoto Events. Then you will see your photos in the more familiar layout. Or if you have the latest version of iPhoto 9.6.1, you can continue to use it.

dcaccount

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

Always with reference to the habit of using events, I have found former iPhoto events but from now on what shall I do with the next imported photos that I want to somehow group together?

Is there a way then to convert former iPhoto events into album in order not to easte the time spent to classify the photos under iPhoto?

Thanks for helping, Daniele

MDJCM

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
UK, South
Hello,

Always with reference to the habit of using events, I have found former iPhoto events but from now on what shall I do with the next imported photos that I want to somehow group together?

Is there a way then to convert former iPhoto events into album in order not to easte the time spent to classify the photos under iPhoto?

Thanks for helping, Daniele

Converting your library to Photos will automatically make your events into Albums. But only the first time. If you continue to use iPhoto, it could get messy.

Just import all photos to Photos app in the future, then every now and again review your photos and select a bunch and create an album. It's like an iTunes playlist, you can always add/remove photos from Albums later on.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
In Photos, if you will click on View> Show Sidebar, you will see that you can make a selection to show iPhoto Events. Then you will see your photos in the more familiar layout. Or if you have the latest version of iPhoto 9.6.1, you can continue to use it.
Nope, only Faces and All Photos, and Albums. No Events.

So, how where is the tutorial to convert my iPhotos photo libraries into Photos? I keep my iPhotos library on an external HDD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.