Where Did iMessage go?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jw3571, Oct 14, 2016.

1. jw3571 macrumors regular

I have a 2010 Macair and last time my computer restarted iMessage was gone? Where did it go and how do I get it back?

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Not sure what version of MacOSX you're running. But look in your applications folder for Messages.app (not iMessage), you can double-click it to start.

Also go to System Preferences > Users and Groups, choose your account from the list on the left then click Login Items. Is Messages listed there? If not, you can drag it into the window and that will ensure it opens everytime your computer restarts.

3. jw3571 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I found it but it's still not sending messages. I'm logged in but it won't send a message

4. jw3571 thread starter macrumors regular

For some reason it brings up AOL messenger, what even is that?

5. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I think it's an old feature that is long gone…

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/0...r-aim-accounts-in-os-x-messages-for-everyone/

Apple appears to have ended support for AIM accounts in OS X Messages
    By Christian Zibreg, Jul 2, 2014

For years, Apple’s Messages app for OS X (previously known as iChat) has offered support for the aging AIM messaging protocol with mac.com and me.com IDs. Then on Monday, as it said it would, Cupertino has ended AIM support for mac.com or me.com accounts in Messages on Macs running OS X Lion 10.7.1 or earlier. However, it now appears that the company has actually phased out support for AIM accounts for everyone, regardless of Mac OS X version, and without giving users a heads-up…

6. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Left4DeadBoy

hi Begin the program Launchpad whilst any program disappears from the dock . Then enter the na-me of the program .

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

What version of OS X are you running and what version of the messages app?