Where did it go?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Sundance2007, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Sundance2007 macrumors regular

I purchased Lion today and downloaded it to my Macbook but that is not the computer i plan to install it on. I want to transfer the download to a thumb drive but i can't find it. It's not in the download folder, where would it be? I don't know the specific file name so I can't search for it.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Did you go ahead and upgrade the computer on which you downloaded it to Lion? If so the installer is deleted after the upgrade. The time to have burned the thumb drive was after download and before starting the upgrade.

3. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

4. Sundance2007 thread starter macrumors regular

No all I did was download it, so it should still be there somewhere.

----------

I'm not upgrading the computer it's on/was downloaded to. Just happens to be on the Macbook and it was convenient, did think it would be such a issue. Figured I would download it, see the file in downloads, transfer it to the thumb drive and go to the main system.:eek:

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Once you’ve purchased Lion, find the Lion installer is called Install Mac OS X Lion.app and it should have been downloaded to /Applications.

If you right click it and look at package contents, you should find the dmg file.

6. Sundance2007 thread starter macrumors regular

Found that but I do not have right click function on my Macbook, how do I enable that?

7. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Control button + click = right click. Very useful.

8. Sundance2007 thread starter macrumors regular

9. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Even easier, place two fingers on the trackpad and then press the mouse button.

10. Kanunu macrumors 6502

Right click

Even easier: Buy a two button mouse. :rolleyes: I love my iMac but this is another example of Apple rigidity.

11. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

All iMacs since the Mighty Mouse was released (7 years ago) came with a two-button mouse (or trackpad). No need to go out a buy one. Trackpads have supported built-in right-click functionality for even longer.

This is more of an example of Apple's flexibility. Everyone wanted a way to do a right-click without holding down control, and Apple gave it to us.

I bought a mouse, but that's because I just don't like the Magic Mouse and my MBP already has a trackpad, so the Magic Trackpad is just redundant.