where did iTunes U go???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jenesis, Jul 22, 2009.

1. jenesis macrumors newbie

I´m using iTunes 8.2.1.6, guess it´s the last version for windows vista.
    iTunes U used to be accessible through a link in the main panel of iTunes. Not anymore. Although I found a way to enter iTunes U through a link like http://www.apple.com/education/guidedtours/itunesu.html and then clicking "visit iTunes U now", I´ll prefer to go directly there from Itunes without browsing the net with another program than iTunes . Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance, Jose Nesis

2. celticpride678

3. jenesis thread starter macrumors newbie

iTunes U link still missing in the front panel

I`m trying to find it in the front page of iTunes store, but it doesn´t show up. ehere did you see it when you open iTunes? How do you get there? Thanks again, jose

4. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I see it on mine

upper left hand corner

third from bottom in the section called "iTunes Store"

5. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

6. jenesis thread starter macrumors newbie

solution encountered

Thanks everybody! The problem was that without noticing it, I was entering an iTunes store forwarded to other country, in my case Argentina, which does not have the link to iTunes U. Probably that happened after an iTunes update in the country data filling process. Thanks again and bye! Jose
    PS: JediMeister I am so sorry I posted this twice, I did not want to bother anyone, but I am new, not familiar with procedures, and as I saw no answers at the beggining I thought the first post was sent to the wrong forum. Sorry I am not so wise and forgive my poor english... By the way, I found the answer by myself, which I hope will be useful for future newbies like me

7. cuestakid macrumors 68000

jenesis-

I was changing some settings on my iTunes and I might have an idea if you are having trouble. Take a look at your parental control settings-there is an option to disable it and it is possible that it somehow may have gotten checked by accident.