Where did my "history" gestures go?? And others...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by dbendixen, Jul 21, 2011.

1. dbendixen macrumors member

I have a big gripe with Lion about the seeming disappearance of my three fingered left/right swipe for navigating my "history" in Finder. This was the same gesture used in pre-Lion Safari. Yes, the two fingered history swiping is nice, but it does not work in Finder. Anyone know how to get this back? It was available in the Dev. Previews, but not now. :confused:

Also, two more gesture issues:

1) I can't use three fingers to swipe up and down my message list in Mail.app.
    2) I can't use a two finger zoom gesture (pinch) to zoom in on my Mail messages.

2. mbrown90 macrumors newbie

For the mail scrolling you need to use 2 fingers. Hope this helps :)

3. dbendixen thread starter macrumors member

That doesn't do it. That just lets me scroll through the messages. The three finger up/down gesture actually moved from message to message. That way I didn't have to click on a message to view it.

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I just figured it out!

Make the gestures horizontally (left/right) to go up/down with THREE fingers to go to the next/prev. messages.

It may require you to do these settings, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1193238
    thats why my trackpad settings are on currently.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Or you could just change the setting under gestures to "2 or 3 finger swipe" where 2 finger works like safari and 3finger does gestures.