Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
i just updated to lion and have been using safari for about an hour. i lost like 80 MB from using safari! :eek::eek::eek: what is happening? i turned resume off and my time machine is off. how can i fix this? :(:(:(:(:(:(

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Did you try clearing Safari's cache? By "memory", I'm guessing you mean drive space, as opposed to RAM (which is more commonly referred to as "memory").

norrismantooth

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
Dallas, TX
Open Activity (Shift+Apple+A), and look at your running processes. Find the largest ones, and shut them off if they aren't vital.

If you have any questions about running processes, google the process name to find out if you can shut it off or leave it running.

I had some issues when I first got into Lion -- I had about 15 processes / applications running in my user/startup actions folder. Killing these greatly improved my boot time (I don't miss them, but I run them from Spotlight if I need them).

pcomac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2011
oh i mean my hard drive memory.. sorry about that. I'm using private browsing in safari and cache is empty. could this be because of versions and auto save?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.