Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azfalcons

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
with IOS 8 you would double click home button and your recent and favorite contacts would appear. Now they are gone with this beta. One article said to swipe left but that's siri and short cuts to email etc

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Yes. The Siri page on the left of the home screen should show contacts and such. The recent contacts were removed in iOS 9.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
What they are saying is the contacts shown with a swipe to the left are selected based on Siri suggestion. Prior, when you double clicked you could see recent and your favorites list. I kept recent off and used the favorites list personally.

The answer is, the list is gone and has been replaced (for better or worse) with Siri suggested names. Note the show more button. Still not the same but its what it is now. I have meet very few people that used the feature of double click to contact.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I believe the suggestions are based off contacts you've interacted with recently. I don't think it'll suggest people you don't talk to in an effort to get you talking to them more.

Reactions: lagwagon

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Just like what batting1000 said. Contacts you have recently called, text, or emailed will show up in the Siri Suggestions and changes based on that. It shows 4 and its expandable to 8 by tapping "show more".

skaclown

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
Just like what batting1000 said. Contacts you have recently called, text, or emailed will show up in the Siri Suggestions and changes based on that. It shows 4 and its expandable to 8 by tapping "show more".

I think it's slightly more intelligent than that. It not a recent list, but a proactive list.

For example, the first contact in the list for me is a friend I usually call or text on Fridays to plan our weekend. I haven't called or texted him in a few days yet he shows up since Siri thinks I will call him as usual on a Friday night.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
You might also look at settings-general-spotlight search and see there that contacts is on for search results.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think it's slightly more intelligent than that. It not a recent list, but a proactive list.

For example, the first contact in the list for me is a friend I usually call or text on Fridays to plan our weekend. I haven't called or texted him in a few days yet he shows up since Siri thinks I will call him as usual on a Friday night.

It's recent, but also proactive. Mine has updated the order based on who I talked to last. Once it learns or "notices" you talk to certain people around X times it adds that layer in as well. (At least this is my understanding)

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Strange. I reboot and everything. No contacts. Oh well

Just like what gnmornot suggested. Make sure you have contacts switched on in Spotlight Search. I tested it and switching it off made them disappear from Siri Suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

skaclown

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2008
It's recent, but also proactive. Mine has updated the order based on who I talked to last. Once it learns or "notices" you talk to certain people around X times it adds that layer in as well. (At least this is my understanding)
Looks that way, yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.