Where did the 3G go???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    So I noticed earlier today (monday the 9th) that I am only getting edge, all in areas where I always get 3G. At first I thought it was just a little bad service, and then I noticed the threads on the service patch. So then I figured that maybe I would just need to synch and get that patch and it'd be all good.

Well I've done that. And still edge. I normal don't only have edge coverage for more than maybe 30 seconds, because my area is always well covered no matter where I am....

Anybody else experiencing this?

2. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I installed the update a couple of days ago. Nothing has changed for me since then.

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Close to daihard's location, I still have good 3G signal (full bars showing on the display).
    I also have the new carrier settings which was just updated a couple of days ago.

4. LinMac macrumors 65816

A friend of mine had to run Reset Network Settings before his phone would properly work with 3G. He had 3G disabled during the update and he believed that fouled it up.

His phone picked up 3G instantly after that and mine had been picking it up the entire time. I don't know if that will help, but there it is.

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Good to know we are close by! :)

6. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Just tried that... Didn't work.

Any other suggestions before I try a full restore..

EDIT: the network reset worked after all. Apparently it reset my 3G setting to off (it definitely was on before). But after I switched it back on it worked :)