Where did the "Redeem" button go?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daihard, Aug 14, 2009.

1. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I picked up an iTunes "Pick of the Week" free song card. As I tried to enter the code in iTunes on my iPhone, I noticed that the "Redeem" button, which I believe was located at the top left corner of the "Downloads" section, was not there.

I looked all over the place in iTunes, but I was unable to find it anywhere.

How are we supposed to redeem those free music and gift cards on the iPhone now?

TIA!

2. outphase macrumors 65816

There is a Redeem area in the App Store under Categories, New.

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

In the iTunes app, scroll all the way to the bottom on the songs page. The last button isn't a song but is the redeem button.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

by going to the bottom of the Featured screen in the App Store app. Search next time. :)

Edit: I should read better next time. :) You were talking about iTunes. So, see what the poster said above. I assume that can also be found by a search though. I never use iTunes.

5. daihard thread starter macrumors 6502a

daihard

Thanks guys. Yes, I found it at the bottom of the "Music" section in the iTunes app.

No worries, iphone.aggie. You did show me where to redeem apps, which I didn't know how to do either. :)

Still wonder why they changed the method like this? It may just be me, but I believe it was a lot easier before. Oh well.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

IDK about the iTunes app, but the manual they have online had the redeem in the App Store under Updates at first, but they immediately changed it a few days after 3.0 was released. No explanation was ever given. However, I think a few people were annoyed that they weren't just getting the update screen as before (I personally didn't like it, since I have no redeems) and you had to an extra click to get to updates. This reasoning may have been the same for the iTunes app.