Where did the refurbs go

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sstern1, Oct 12, 2007.

1. sstern1 macrumors member

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

3. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

They probably got shipped to paying customers.

Odd question.:confused:

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Some guy in a brown shirt came and took them all... ;)

5. sstern1 thread starter macrumors member

Heh. Just wondering why there aren't any available now that I'm ready to buy one! Maybe it means they're updating them all to 1.1?

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I'm sure they're just sold out. They probably come out in batches like all the other refurbished stuff. iPods are just always available because there are so many of them.

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

A True Apple fan knows that refurbs aren't always on the site. The best time to check is early in the morning, as they often get taken down in the afternoon when the available amount is sold through. Availability is known to change by the hour.

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I think also Apple is saving them for customers with hardware/screen issues to give out as replacements...

9. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Check at 4am eastern time. The Apple refurbs seem to be restocked at that time. I know it sounds weird but Ive seen it first hand. Long time ago I was trying to get a nano for $99. They were constantly out. Someone here posted the 4am tip. I set alarm, got up right at 4, nothing. Refreshed a few times and by 10 after they were there.

Have also seen this "phenomenon" on other occasions with macbooks, ipod videos, and minis.

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

"A True Apple fan" :p

11. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I wouldn't worry, they'll probably be back up after they deal with the "battery life" issues.

12. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

When they replaced my iPhone (it had a fight with a concrete driveway and lost -- pretty quickly I might add) they didn't crack open a new, shrink wrapped unit. They went to the back and pulled one that was packaged in a small, white, cardboard box that just had the phone with no accessories in it. I'm sure that many of the refurbs are going back out to the stores once they have been put back in operational order so that they can be used to replace other failed units that come into the Genius Bar.