Where did warm color/night mode go in iOS11?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

I recently updated to iOS 11, I remember there is a night mode where the colors become warm on the phone as to not interrupt your circadian rhythm in iOS 10. Where did this feature go? Does it still exist? There is a moon icon in control center when you swipe up from the bottom, but the moon icon just enables do not disturb mode...

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Settings>Display and Brightness. I think it's the same location as in iOS 10.

3. Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Thanks, I've never actually used the Night Shift mode outside of control center. I like how you can set schedules and such under settings. Still, I wish there was a way you could customize control center to put Night Shift back in there for manual enabling it.

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Hold down / 3D Touch on the brightness setting in control center and a window will pop up that has the night shift mode toggle (and true tone if your device has it)

There are lots of hidden features in iOS 11 :)

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Yeah. I just noticed that Night Shift isn't available in the Control Center customization area.

6. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

It is in control centre, you have to 3D Touch the brightness bar.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Oh, crap. I actually found that last night and forgot all about it! Thanks for the reminder.

8. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

It's still there in the control center. Just long-press/3D touch the brightness bar and you'll see the option:

Attached Files:

9. Starfyre thread starter macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Thank you all! I don't have 3D touch, I did touch the brightness bar a little bit, but nothing happened. Turns out I didn't hold it down long enough...

10. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I just noticed you can also 3d touch the area with the toggles for wifi, bt etc and it brings up additional options for AirDrop and Hotspot. Wondering why they dont give us the option to move the hotspot to always show though instead of something like airplane mode that i never use.